HOW FERMENTED FOODS CAN HELP YOUR BODY, SKIN, AND MIND.
Originally Published: NOVEMBER 24, 2015
Fermented foods are a bomb for super good bacteria gut health, and a good gut means we are breaking down our food AND absorbing the amazing nutrients it has to offer. Those amazing nutrients lead to great health, amazing skin, and a glowing mind!
Healthy GUT = Healthy Body, Healthy Skin, & Healthy Mind
We all hear about probiotics and how they create good gut flora. Well fermented foods are nature's way of supplying us with probiotics in a whole foods form, that's completely bio-available! We need these probiotic rich foods daily because these days we are killing our good gut bacteria in four brutal ways:
- Processed foods
- Chlorinated water
This is especially scary because we are not REPLENISHING our bodies with the probiotics we need to live a happy, healthy life. Many of our skin conditions (acne, psoriasis, eczema) are caused by unhealthy gut flora. We need to include more fermented foods into each meal in order to rebalance our health and create an internal environment for optimal living. Did you know that every other continent eats fermented food with each meal except for us!?
How do fermented foods help perfect your glow?
- Help remove toxins from the body and increase energy
- Promote clear skin
- Prevent disease/fight inflammation therefore strengthen the immune system.
- Improve digestion and therefore increases bodies ability to absorb and use nutrients
- Balance hormones
- Kick out the bad bacteria that creates the mess!
Where can I find these foods?
- That lovely miso soup you get with sushi
- The yummy fermented cabbage (KIMCHI) with a kick that makes every Korean meal
- Spreading sauerkraut on your dog at the ball game
- Picking up your fav bottle of Kombucha at your local health food store
Tempeh, kefir, and homemade pickled veggies are a few more options. Your gut will glow and your skin will thank you! GET THESE FOODS IN YOUR BELLY!