Morning Skincare Routine: 5 Minutes or Less
Everyone needs a morning skincare routine in order to stay consistent with skin care and create happy skin. Once your routine, morning or night, becomes a consistent habit and something you can’t live without that is when it becomes a ritual.
Skincare routines will look different for each individual. By different, we mean the products, the amount of products, and skin tools used will be specific to each person, but a good skincare routine will always do a few things: create feelings of happiness and relaxation, create happy and glowing skin, and be something you can always fit in. Although the actual routine can be individualized, there is a specific outline everyone can follow to find their perfect skincare routine.
Example Morning Skincare Routine:
- Facial Dry Brush - This is a great way to gently exfoliate the skin and aid in glowing skin.
- Sandalwood Cleansing Powder - This product that you can use as a mask or cleanser. I find it great for cleansing, even for sensitive skin types. It will leave your skin feeling smooth.
- Toner - Our toner is great for extra hydration + balancing the pH of your skin after cleansing. In the mornings, just spritzing your toner should work just fine, unless your feeling extra weighed down, spritz onto a cotton pad and wipe any extra grim away.
- Triple Threat - Oils and serums are friends! This is a great way to moisturize your skin without feeling weighed down. If you are in a drier climate you might find that you still need a light moisturizer along with the serum.
- Gua Sha or facial roller for deputing the eye area - This step is for when your eyes might need a little extra treatment.
- SPF - Such an important step to a morning routine. This should be the last step in order to maximize your sun protection. (For all my thoughts on SPF and my recs, checkout this blog post.)
This routine is what works for my skin in the warmer months, adjust to your liking. You may need to add or take away depending on your skin condition.