FIVE MINUTE MEAL: GLUTEN FREE + VEGAN + NUTRIENT DENSE
Originally Published: MARCH 27, 2019
Healthy eating doesn't mean you need to spend hours slaving over an intricate meal of weird, expensive ingredients. Healthy eating means using whole, natural ingredients from the earth. It means enjoying (most of the time) cooking it, and understanding that nutrient dense meals are where it's at. Below is a recipe that is my ultimate go to. It's great on the bank account, your sanity and your tastebuds. I use it to use up what I have in the fridge/pantry as well. Here we go!
- 1 cup veggie broth
- 1 cup water
- big spoonful of Harvest Pantry Chickpea Miso
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- sometimes I toss in some sesame oil to taste
- dash of tamari (or soy sauce if that's what you have) to taste
- rice wine vinegar, just less than a 1/4 cup
Bring these ingredients to a boil, make sure miso is dissolved or at least "spread out well". Once at a boil, toss in brown rice noodles, they take literally 1-2 minutes to cook. Remove from heat after 2 minutes. Add in what you have in the fridge. I did the following:
- chopped swiss chard (or another green you need to get rid of)
- add in fresh windowsill herbs- mint, cilantro, parsley
- garnish with sesame seeds, seaweed flakes and a squeeze of lemon or lime. Swirl in some hot sauce too!
WHY IS THIS MEAL GREAT FROM A NUTRITION STANDPOINT: A super source of all those healthy probiotics we are always talking about because the miso makes it a FERMENTED dish. So eat up! A healthy gut bacteria balance means a healthy body and mind. Can I get an AMEN!? It's gluten free, nutrient dense and water-loving. Send me your recipes of how you change this meal up.