ECZEMA PART 3: LIFESTYLE
Originally published: JANUARY 30, 2019
- Commit to moisturizing! One of the easiest ways? Oil up while you are in the shower, Your skin will stay hydrated all day long. Be careful of the bottom of the tub, it may become slick!
- Don't scratch that itch! Instead put a carrier oil, or natural lotion on the itch.
- Follow a healthy diet. Eliminate processed foods/ drinks.
- Did you just change your laundry detergent? Is that the cause!
- Manage your stress with: adaptogenic herbs, stress-reduction techniques like yoga, meditation, walking in nature, cooking/ baking, taking deep breaths, delegating tasks,
- Shower smart. If you have eczema, don't take hot showers or hot baths. And try not to have excessively long showers..
- Use a humidifier in your bedroom.
- Stick to a regular bedtime and waking time even on weekends.
- Dry skin brush: this is an excellent way to control itchy skin. Not only does it get rid of dead skin cells, but it stimulates circulation of the lymphatic system which helps your body detox more effectively.
- If you are choosing a bath, add some oil to the water for hydration.