EASIEST PANCAKES EVER
Originally published: APRIL 27, 2021
Easy Like Sunday Morning
Yum Yum, get in my TUM.
Okay! I love food that is quick, easy, delicious and can be made in a variety of ways. I am not a fan of fluffy, traditional pancakes, but put a crepe in front of me and HELLO!
This is a recipe that our step-dad always used growing up, and still does, makes us pancakes shaped like our initials:)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour (I use whole wheat)
- 1 cup milk (i’ve tried oat, milk and coconut, they are all nice)
- Warm a pan up, med-high, while you mix all of your desired ingredients together. Add oil to the pan if need be (ghee or coconut oil, just a tad. Too much and the pancakes won’t form so well).
- Pour in enough to cover the bottom of the pan in a thin layer (this amount depends on the size of the pan you are using)
- TIP: if your crepes are not pouring nicely out of the bowl into the pan, add some more nut milk or water to the mixture. Mix and pour.
- If adding MORE dry ingredients (like the ones below), add a tad more liquid. These pancakes should pour easily out of the bowl into the pan. Be intuitive when you create and cook!
Versions to add:
- add cinnamon, splash of vanilla, 1 scoop protein powder/ collagen, scoop of nut butter, 1 tbsp cocoa powder, berries, or make it savoury with cheese and asparagus.
Top with Ghee, coconut butter, raw honey… it's the perfect recipe to suit everyone. They also freeze great! Keep them the next day for a snack: roll up some banana and nut butter in the middle and make a wrap.
Tell me what you would add! I love all of your inspiration xo