Gua sha is an ancient facial therapy used by emperors and empresses. The methods, techniques and instruments are based on TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine). Gua sha is not just a beauty treatment, but also has therapeutic benefits.
Smoother radiant skin
Tighten and firmer skin
The main focus is to increase blood flow and get energy flowing through the body + face. This means it brings fresh blood to the area to help better allow healing, breaks up scar tissue and decrease acne.
Each piece is unique and may vary slightly in color and size.
1. Apply facial oil, like our Triple Threat or Healing Calendula Oil
2. Use the Gua Sha tool to apply light pressure to the center of your forehead and scrape from the middle of your eyebrows to your hairline.
3. On the middle of your forehead, scrape from the center out to your temples.
4. Use the smaller curved end to scrape from your inner brow bone to the outer brow bone.
5. On your cheek and under eye area, start on the sides of the nose and sweep the tool from the center to the perimeter of your face.
6. Repeat the same motions on the mouth, chin, and jaw areas. Move the tool from the center to the outer parts of your face.
7. Lastly, start on the top of your forehead and scrape down to your temples, down to the sides of your neck, and stop mid-collarbone.
Do about three strokes per section and scrape both sides of the face for a completed facial massage.