Gua sha is an ancient facial therapy used by emperors and empresses. The methods, techniques, and instruments are based on TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine). Gua sha is not just a beauty treatment but also has therapeutic benefits.
The main focus is to increase blood flow and get energy flowing through the body and face. This means it brings fresh blood to the area to help allow healing, break up scar tissue, and decrease acne.
Each piece is unique and may vary slightly in color and size.
Smoother, more radiant skin
Tight and firmer skin
1. Apply facial oil, like our Triple Threat or Healing Calendula Oil
2. Use the Gua Sha tool to apply light pressure to the centre of your forehead and scrape from the middle of your eyebrows to your hairline.
3. On the middle of your forehead, scrape from the centre out to your temples.
4. Use the smaller curved end to scrape from your inner brow bone to the outer brow bone.
5. On your cheek and under eye area, start on the sides of the nose and sweep the tool from the centre to the perimeter of your face.
6. Repeat the same motions on the mouth, chin, and jaw areas. Move the tool from the center to the outer parts of your face.
7. Lastly, start on the top of your forehead and scrape down to your temples, down to the sides of your neck, and stop mid-collarbone.
Do about three strokes per section and scrape both sides of the face for a completed facial massage.