Icecream for Everyone!
The summer season is shining on us, and that means ice-cream for breakfast! Vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, glorious.. Frozen bananas are a staple in our home, because ya' never know when the ice-cream monsta' is going to HIT! This can be a healthy treat in place of your usual breakfast or an anytime snack.
- Slice the bananas and freeze on a parchment covered baking sheet for at least 25 minutes.
- Put the frozen sliced bananas and raw cacao powder (2 tbsp or to taste) in a food processor (a blender can also be used) and turn on.
- Blend together until the mixture looks like soft serve ice cream (1-2 minutes).
- I topped with raspberry jam + added in a scoop of plain plant-based protein powder for blood sugar regulation + sprinkled with sesame seeds
- Optional: ideas are endless! Cinnamon, nuts and seeds, seed butters, fresh fruits, balsamic glaze, superfoods like spirulina and Maca.
- Eat right away, it melts quick and doesn't store well in freezer once made.